Good post, Timberline

You have discovered some of the great features of the Trapper. One reason that the Trapper works so well with the aperture sights is that the factory front sight is good as is. Most Model 94's have a BEAD front sight except for the Trappers and Wranglers which have a POST front sight. Sometimes I paint the back of the front sight post white for quicker sight acquisition.

One other thing that aids in accuracy is the barrel band screw tension. My trappers (and carbines) shoot better with the band screws just snug , not tight.

You are seeing good accuracy from you Trapper and I think that you sight system is the best thing short of a scope. Scopes are difficult to mount on the top eject guns so if you decide that a scope is in order just buy another Trapper in Angle Eject style. Mounting a scope on the AE model is simple, but it adds too much bulk and defeats the purpose of the short light Trapper models.

Enjoy your trapper. Oh yes, Your Trapper is a true Winchester and one of the last Winchester, after July 1981 they were made by US Repeating Arms under licenses from Olin Corp.