Ken, This math Cad looks like it could be a lot of fun and quite useful to folks in my line of work. Recently I was in your neighbor hood at a friends alfalfa farm designing a new sprinkler system. He lives a mile or so from a reloading plant and log home manufacturer. Bought the place from some guy who was a welder and local curmudgeon.<BR>Any way looks to me that simply quantifying barrel erosion to a ratio may have some usefulness if you have a baseline to compare your findings too. I envision this formula as being similar to the Hazen Williams formula used to calculate friction loss in pipe.<BR>The problem with these sort of formulas when making comparisons, as you pointed out, is that all factors must be equal. If you try to compare a Sako barrel to a Ruger there are variables that will skew your results such a composition of barrel materials rifling depth and width etc.. If you have a control sample of say several barrels identical in make composition and length in various calibers then comparisons can be made against your baseline to see who makes the best barrel and it can be quantified as a ratio. <BR>Wouldn't that be fun to do? And expensive.<BR>I bet there is not a barrel manufacturer out there that would be willing to fund an independent study that would show who's barrel lasts the longest.<BR>This kind of math is fun and can be useful if applied to real world problems such as barrel erosion. Of course it can lead to statistics that are subject to interpretation and we all know where that<BR>go's.<BR>I want a copy of math cad looks like fun to me.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual