Rocky, it would seem to make the most sense that marketing a "dual purpose" rifle would make people interested in the .243 over the older factory loaded slower .257 Roberts. That really makes the most sense, factory load velocity and marketing. There cannot be any real difference in the ability of the two if both are shooting good 100 grain bullets at or near 3000 FPS, despite the poetic discussions of the .243 I guess by those paid to push new gun things. The most remarkable facet of man's psychology is his ability to take a single data point, extrapolate it to infinity, never question his decision again in the face of new evidence, and then say or do what ever it takes to get other to believe him. I don't keep count of the deer I have shot over the years but we have eaten venison every year for a while. Then I am not interested in the "bob" because I like the name, I am not laboring under the illusion that the "bob" is that much different than the .243 in its abilities in the field, I finally don't think that anyone can prove "statistically" that a WT deer with a .244 caliber hole thru its pump runs "statistically" any further than a one with a .308 caliber hole thru its pump (noted exception for hog heads and gristle plates which are known to be an issue; WT deer lung shots only), so I like the idea of a mild .25 caliber rifle and I think I will just get it despite the fact that its NOT a dual purpose rifle according to the gun rags of yester year!