The Good:

Montana Elk Decoys - after successfully harvesting elk for 14 years, this year was the most successful elk hunting yet...our group put four bulls on the ground with these decoys in four set ups! Won't be hunting , or guiding for elk without them again (rifle or archery)!

Outdoor Edge SlingBlade - Was a little skeptical at first (not a fan of gut hook type blades) but was impressed with this knife a friend had ...used it to clean and skin 4 deer one evening, and it was still very sharp...and I liked how the gut blade worked on the hide and stomach covering.

Primos Buck Grunt/Roar call and Silvex Scent Eliminator products - the grunt and roar worked very well on several bucks that would have otherwise ignored our old grunt calls, and the scent elimination products worked very well when used as a complete system...including a herd of elk directly downwind at 60 yards for more than 20 minutes!

AccuBonds - still the most accurate and best performing bullet I've used to take game, in all of my bolt action rifles.

Leupold Boone & Crockett reticle - not too busy and when used in conjunction with the right cartridge/load combination, calibrated properly for proper hold points.

My new Mathews Drenalin LD compound bow and Excalibur Equinox Crossbow - Took a moose and a whitetail, and an elk and a muley with these this past year; accurate and smooth shooting.

G5 broadheads - Strong, deadly and accurate

Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows with Bohning Blazer vanes - straight shooting, hard hitting arrows...and I cannot say enough about how tough and durable those vanes are!

The Bad:

Bushnell's Scout 1000 w/ Arc - Loved the compact design and Arc capability, but hated the fact that the button takes so much effort to take a reading that without a good support, it moves the rangefinder enough that readings over 300 yards in the field are not consistent.