I think I'm going to wait and see what happens. As I said before I just picked up a 257 wby this past December and I've wanted it for a very long time. I probably won't be wanting to shoot anything else for awhile. I already know it shoots decent with the few loads that I've worked up for it and I want to do alot more load testing with it. I also have a Timney trigger ordered for it too. I don't have the attention for a new gun right now anyway. Thanks for the input from everybody.....that's what I love about the campfire!
The 300 wsm shoots very well right out of the box. Before I got it I had several guys tell me that the 300 wsm kicked like a mule. I've taken my 300 to the range several times now and shot 40 to 60 rounds at a session and had no problems or soreness from recoil. Remington has Limbsaver make their recoil pads so I think maybe that has alot to do with the lack of recoil I thought it had?? I did run into a guy at the range shooting a browning a-bolt 300 wsm and he told me his rifle had heavy recoil until he put on a limbsaver recoil pad.
When I decide to get the 300 wby. I'm going to a discount store and pick up a 399 vanguard. Then Im going to jump on line and buy a B & C Medallist stock with aluminum bedding block ($244) and a Timney trigger($110) and I'll still be below the price big green wants for its top end model 700's.