I don't know if there is a "best." I've maintained five 1100's for the local 4-H Shooting Sports for a couple of years now and tried several quality products. Didn't see a difference. For the last few years I've wiped the magazine tubes and so on with a paper towel dampened with a modified version of Ed's Red to clean gunk then wiped with a dry towel as part of cleaning after every session.

The trigger group, receiver, etc. gets thoroughly cleaned once a year with carburetor cleaner then a coat of Brownell's Rust Preventive #2 which is blasted around with an air hose. The excess that didn't get blown off gets wiped off. Then pivot points are lightly lubed with a quality synthetic oil using a needle dropper. I've tried several and, again, saw no difference. The trigger group (and bolt) doesn't get touched until next year's cleaning.

No stoppages for a couple of years. There are many ways to skin this cat, that's just one

One of the major problems that I see with the shotguns the kids bring is way too much oil. All it does is pick up carbon and dust to make a gritty sludge. Modern shotguns with modern steels just don't need much lubrication, and modern lubricants with their affinity for steel want to stay where you put them.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.