Looking for a little info. I've got a cobbled together rifle I've wanted to reload for for years, and finally I've got all I'll need, hopefully. First off the gun is a 98 Mauser action, with a Ruger #3 barrel. Set into a Bishop stock with a palmswell that makes shoulder and point more naturally than anything else I've got. I bought it at a gunshow in Kalispell 7-8 years ago. Shot it with the irons, till I got some bases, and put a red dot on it, using the factory holes on the barrel it makes for a sweet scout set-up. With factory ammo it'll go 1.5" @ 100y all day. It'accounted for a couple white tails, to include a nice coues. When I was going to start reloading for it a few years ago I took it Jensens in Tucson, when they still did gunsmithing, to get it checked out. The head space was so off he had to use several layers of masking tape in order for the no-go guage to no go. I didn't have the dough to fix it, so I shot it with factory ammo, and it got put on the back burner. But, last year I finally had a local gunsmith in Chinook correct the headspace issue, and it was more tricky than just screwing it in a turn and recutting the chamber, but I digress. Every time I placed an order for other supplies, everyone has always been out of the 220 Hornadys and the 200 Sierras. But the UPS chick just dropped off a couple hundred of the Sierras. Woohoo! From what I've gathered off the internet, FWIW, not of the spitzers will reliably open at Win velocities. Besides, this isn't exactly a long range set-up, and the drop at longer ranges would probably be moot anyway.

Took a long time to get here, but here's the real question. Given the strength of the action, I'd like to push it a little, but I'm not interested in making it something it's not. I've got several rifle powders on hand, but IMR 4198 seems to be the most natural fit. But I'm not married to it. The only published data I can find is for H4198 and H322. Sorry for the long read, but thought it might help. Thanks.

MAGA