Originally Posted by 458Win
Although I am not a fan of the Hogue stocks on the Ruger it is a comfortable stock to shoot and yesterday I was talking with a man who absolutely loves his and claims the felt recoil from his 375 ruger is dramatically less than the recoil from his 375 H&H Whitworth. I would give the Ruger and the Hogue an honest try and decide for yourself. Plus the new DGX Hornady steel jacketed soft nosed and solid bullets look like they should work perfectly for you intended use. I certainly plan on using them this season.

Although they'll win no beauty contest, I actually like the Hogue much better than the standard offering on the Ruger All-Weather. I guess I should say that even though I like the 'lines' of the standard model, I find them to simply feel and look cheap.

I do find the Hogue to be a bit more comfortable to shoot, but the pistol grip is slightly too beefy for my hands. Perhaps because I've yet to use mine anywhere but in the humid, tropical heat, I like the grippiness of the stock as it aids in keeping my sweaty hands on the firearm. Of course, my opinion could change completey under different conditions.

I also plan to try the new Hornady ammunition and believe that it should prove to be some pretty good stuff. Only time will tell for sure.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching. -Bill