Originally Posted by BobinNH
INGWE: To answer your question cool

I can only conclude from this, that the 270 Win has done just fine all these years,has needed no embellishment,improving, etc,and I think Winchester got it "right" the first time.Just not much to improve upon grin

From what Ive seen in the field and in the gun Biz ( yeah Ive sold a couple firearms...dont tell the administration!)I'd say you hit the nail on the head..The .270 Win. works well IMO with boring regularity....Ive only seen the .270 WSM put to use once, but it was "flat" impressive.And yeah the 7mm has been messed with in every concievable way,since the 7x57 was introduced as the first smokeless cartridge...only makes sense.By the time JOC and the .270 came along, they already knew how to build a really good cartridge. Bit of trivia, the Germans even had their V1 and V2 ( I think) Rockets built around the enlarged dimensions of a 7mm bullet,because of its perceived ballistic efficiency,IIRC.
Anyway, I'm gonna sneak around to the gun shop and fondle that .270 thingy Dober was talking about! laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe