I have used both the 63 SMP Sierra and the 70 grain SMP Speer out of both 223s, and 22.250s to take deer..both always got the job done on the spot... giving performance similar to a larger caliber and heavier weight bullet...

I prefer the 70 grain Speer, just because if nothing else the extra weight isn't going to hurt... these two bullets have been around for a long time, and remain available because they sell.. and they sell because they work...

all these newer trendy bullets, are trying to fill a niche that the Sierra and Speer SMP bullets here have already been accomplishing for a long time..

I've also shot ONE and ONLY one antelope in my life... but that was taken with a 223, and a 40 grain Ballistic Tip...I had a tag, and the opportunity presented itself when I was carrying that rifle, looking for much smaller game...

had confidence in my shot placement ability ( 150 yds or so).. and put the bullet into the boiler room... antelope ran about 3 paces and was down for the count...

my preference for a bullet would have been the 70 grain Speer first and the 63 grain Sierra in second place..

the 55 grain SMP is also a good choice for antelope sized deer or antelope themselves...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez