Teeder, it was nice, a decelerator pad allowed me plenty trigger time per range session, combined with 1/2MOA accuracy, I was stoked, yes, S T O K E D ...lol.

No doubt I'd appreciated a weight reduction toting it in hand for a hike lasting a few hours, happened several times on that hunt, as if the opportunity presents, I want to get on target, while I can.....w/o any wasted time from fatigue. Total gun wt. with the then 1.5-6 4200 would have been surely 9+ lbs, loaded up, sling et. al.

Future use of pure hunting rifles in big game calibers will see me choosing lighter rifles. I am not into 5lb flyweights, but a lighter rifle can be appreciated, and as said before by others, your not typically needing accuracy/groups on par for a 5 shot bench set up, usually getting the job done on round one, if not a second shot. Used a 700 MR in 270 win, years back ....around '88/89 IIRC when just out, nice to tote, but I would have liked more bbl weight for holdability. Depends on target size, for a deer I shot it was fine...elk are just larger but I think a rifle can get too light and then take longer to get a proper sight pic and slow you down. Those thin bbls heated up and started walking after 3 shots (I floated bbl and bedded action/tang, adj. trigger), and that does nothing for confidence, but now after years of learning, I usually have confidence in 3 shot groups and save my bbl and ammo expense by not seeing what #4 and 5 do, as that would not simulate field conditions, in a big game rifle...typically.