Originally Posted by Marseille
...these bullets destroy to much meat but the Vulkan are well liked in central Europe, Germany and France because they stop game faster than Oryx. These people like to see the game fall like being lightning striked. It's not my way of thinking.

--

A question: why the Barnes 130grsTSX forbidden? Not enough weight? Norma is loadind certain cartridges with TSX, are they all forbidden to hunt with?

Dom, I reread my last post and hope you didn't take it as an insult - wasn't bashing you, just the bullets... wink

The 9 g/139 gr Vulcan does - if it manages to reach far enough and expand at all - perform rather violently and the animal reacts more. IMO it doesn't necessarily die any faster, but the reaction is bigger. The problem is that they oftentimes grenade against bone and fail to penetrate, and sometimes thay just won't open at all which leaves you with a pin sized hole through the animal and little or no blood to track them by. The Alaska is a bit more reliable, but can behave exactly the same.

When it comes to the TSX it is perfectly legal for hunting, though not moose or any other "Klass 1"-game (moose, bear, boar and the like) since the minimum requirement is an expanding bullet of no less than 9 g (139 gr) and an energy level of no less than 2700 J (1990 footpounds) @ 100 meters, or 10 g/2000 J/100 m.
No doubt in my mind that it'll do the work but the sheriff won't let me try... wink

-- Mats

Shoot low boys, they're ridin' Shetland ponies...