Snuffy,

I too think what Fonda did was despicable, but I really doubt she understood that her actions would harm the troops. During Vietnam, I don't think the public in general ever imagined that by protesting and be anti-war that the enemy would be emboldened. Maybe I'm wrong.

However, nowadays everyone knows. I wonder if Nick berg would have had his head sawed off with a knife if the US media weren't so willing to broadcast anything that will make them a buck?

Crud, it's not like the terrorists are competent troops or anything. We kill them at what, a 20-30 to 1 ratio? However, they know if they win the public relations war they will defeat us for sure.

Anyway, I do agree with you about having such discussion being good, but broadcasting them to the enemy is treasonous, and it's mostly in the name of selling news.

If we don't willingly restrict our comments via our own good common sense, then eventually the government will do it and thus will end the First Amendment. It's happened before and it's happening now. I hope it does not happen here.