I had a 356 winchester rifle justlike that back in 2002. It shot great with the factory 200gr bullets and i got a medium doe with it and very little blood shot meat but instant smackdown. You can make cases for it by running 308 brass into the 356/358 sizing die, just be sure to lubricate the inside of the case mouth.
You can do the same with the 307 and just use 308 brass to reload for it. Extractor seems to work fine. Nonneman rechambered a Marlin 30-30 for me to 307 and it shot great but would stick cases with factory loads. I think that is why Marlin came out with the 308 Marlin Express and never released the Marlin 307 out. The Marlin 308ME shot great was extremely accurate. Now I have a Marlin 338ME and it shoots fantastic and is my new long range rifle. That along with my 336T 30-30, 1894P .44, 1894c .357, are going hunting this fall

Marseille--how do you like that Winchester automatic?
I was thinking of getting one of those but just couldnt get over the glossy reciever and I'd have to put camo tape on it or spray paint it with bow flage.
Its the same action as the Browning, so I'll probably try to find one of those discounted somewhere.

PS Marseille--what kind of goat is that you shot? Just kidding!!

Happy trails!!!