High Standard also made them, using the same action. IIRC, the High Standards were a little fancier, and a company called Winslow made some really high grade ones.

Before Weatherby built his own action, he used this, or a similiar action. Some of the older Brownings used this action, but the Brownings were slightly different. I think about the only difference was in the bolt release.

Again, IIRC FN exported at least two styles of actions, possibly three, a standard, as this one is, and a Supreme 400. The Supreme had a different cocking piece, and was equiped with a trigger with a side safety. The trigger was made by Sako. I have one. Seems like I remember something about a series 300 action, also, with a modified wing type safety, or it might be the one pictured.

FN also exported the actions, barreled actions, and complete rifles. The rifles were a little fancier than the Sears.

J.C. Higgens was a vice president at Sears. He neither hunted or fished. Sears put his name on all their outdoor for whatever reason large companies do things like this. It might have been an honor thing.

But back to the point, it doesn't get any better than a rifle with an FN action, regardless of who put it togather.