6.5 BR:

I agree with you. I am glad Ruger is bringing this round out in their nice VT package, and to include a 28 inch barrel...

they did the same with the 260, in the sporter size rifle.. also with a one in 8 twist instead of Rem's one in 9 twist...

They quit making it when sales were not that great tho after a year or two.. same thing they did with the 22 and 6mm PPCs...

I love alternatives on the market...

who knows, I don't need one, but may end up trading off another rifle that I need even less, to reinvest in the Ruger VT in 6.5 Creedmore...

but then again, I'd be just as happy if Ruger had brought out the VT in the 260...

but then again, isn't nothing stopping me from building one.....

I just got in a heavy 260 barrel threaded for a Model 70 action with a one in 8 twist... In fact I got two of them in 260, the other is just a standard heavy magnum contoured barrel..

they are for a Model 70 action that I have multiple stocks for and using it for a switch barrel project...

however, I also got in a 7/08 barrel for a Savage action with a varmint coutour, Savages Factory standard...

This is so much fun, before I know it in a couple of years, I may have very few rifles that are actually chambered with a factory barrel on them..

I'd love to live long enough and be rich enough to be able to shoot out all the barrels on the rifles I have...

damn this primer shortage and high price of bullets...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez