Since discovering I can't catch a trout, I went down to the pond on the golf course Sunday and caught a bunch of bluegills. Two women jogged up behind me and stopped. I had just caught the smallest fish of the day (all of 3" long). They say Hello, and What am I fishing for? I display the bluegill in my palm. One asks "do they get any bigger?" I said "if you rub it it does." They laughed, I casted and caught a 10" golden shiner. She asked if I ever fished for tarpon. I said I enjoyed catching Bluegills better. She talked of tarpon, bone fishing in Cuba, New Zealand fishing, and Patagonia. I had to ask if she was married. She was from Scotland, which explained the white complexion, overbite, and big ears, and yeah she was married. I could have lived with the rest but hitched is hitched. She said cheerio and "tight lines" and they both jogged off. I thought about that for days. I'm thinking the woman of my dreams does exist. There's hope after all.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson