Shootist

Kevin gave it to you straight. You can wear out an Uberti, particularly if you do a lot of speed work with them, rapid cocking and whatnot. However, if you are simply pulling back the hammer and shooting the gun, unless you're shooting really stout loads, you might be surprised at their longevity.

The most fragile springs on these guns are the mainspring and the trigger return/bolt stop springs. I've had to replace one of each, but the gun has been mine for well over 12 years and it's been fired a couple thousand times and and/or cycled thousands more.

The "New" Vaquero is pretty close in weight/dimensions to the original Colt, so one can somewhat get the flavor of the original SAA with this weapon. The "Old" Vaquero is simply an altered Blackhawk and does not "feel" like the classic SAA.

I have both styles and wouldn't want to give up either...but if I could only have one, I'd probably opt for the Ruger for durability as well.

You can depend on Kevin's advice, regardless the gun.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain