The one I'd like is one I cannot have, nor locate - but still salivitate over, 25 years after I first saw it.

It was made entirely by the hand of an elderly gunsmith/friend, who has passed away - Bob Foster, may God rest his soul.

Bob said he made it, because he just "felt like doing it", and no commercial rifles suited his fancy, anyway.

I was privledged to have Bob do a step-by-step show/tell with me, during the week or so that it took him to build his own .22WRM boltgun from scratch, excepting the barrel - for which he used what I remember as being from a Winchester.

The blued action's OD was no bigger than it needed to be to contain the slender barrel shank and cartridge; while the walnut stock was carved into a typical low-comb classic design and beautifully finished in oil.

Bob additionally made the scope mounts & rings to a very high standard - but had not yet scoped it when he passed.

That rifle lept to the hands and settled in firing position like it had grown there - One could ask for nothing better.

My gennie 1934 Model 52B Sporter doesn't even come close.

It ain't no fun, when the rabbit's got the gun