I have one, but there are different variations that make one more desirable than another. They are still made, but different information surfaces from time to time concerning their availability.

If the gun has the slide identical to the original Browning, i.e. the sides are scalloped toward the front, it is more desirable. If it has the slide flat over the entire surface, i.e. the 1911, it is less desirable. That's not to say it's not desirable, but there are questions about its durability relative to metal softness.

I have one of the early ones and it resembles a military spec Browning in detail. The metal is very hard based on the home gunsmithing I've done to it. There is no evidence of unusual wear or peening after several thousand rounds.

A friend had the other version and ended up selling it in an unservicable state due to the barrel cam having broken in two pieces. To be absolutely fair, Brownings can break here as well and custom Browning pistol smiths offer repairs as a regular part of their service...so one has to assume all P-35s are subject to this problem occassionally.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain