I'm 65 also and hunt with French Brittanys. I even bought a new Rokon several years back anticipating my joints will eventually wear out. So far it's just been mostly stored as I can't hunt alone anymore and will have to carry a satelite phone. Long story I won't go into detail now.

But lava rocks where I hunt will tear pads off in 20 minutes of running the dogs. I have to carry boots for those areas. As you know there are all kinds of lava rocks.

By the description of your hunting you must be one lucky guy to travel and play like that. When the price of gas hit $4 a gallon we started packing more guys into my van in order to pay the bill.

I have a Win.243 custom and a CZ 22 mag for the coyotes. I used to be able to put pictures here but it's been so long I've forgotten.....other wise I would show you the coyote we took in one of our 'honey holes' on Mother's Day.

You've got it right about the Owyhee River and chukars. The only thing that saves the place is it's a long ways to any major city other than Boise.

Kill those yotes and their bigger cousins. grin