Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Damn! That is nice, nice work. The banded front sight really looks great on that stubby barrel.

Are you using the barrel band screw to hold the mag tube in? Or did you sink a little divot in the barrel for the magazine plug screw to go into?

Hi Jim,

I am indeed using the barrel band screw to keep the mag tube in place until I finish splitting the front band in half and brazing a sling stud mount on it. I will then drill "Between" the barrel and the mag tube to reproduce the little half-circle that keeps the two together in the correct location and perspective.Those two, together should keep it from moving at all. I did think about dovetailing a little slot in the barrel and putting a "Key" on the mag tube like the Guide guns use but that would not give me the mounting location for a front sling swivel stud. You have a good eye for detail old boy! Its not quite finished but close enough for folks to get an "Idea" of what it will look like. I am headed out to the shop to do that very thing now and will post a pic for you when I get it done.

Last edited by Tractorshaft; 06/12/09.