I have two Tikka 223s....

My first was a pre Beretta 595 field weight ss/syn w/12 twist..
My newest is one of the last SS 223 Varmint weights w/8 twist (stamped on bbl) My biggest complaint with the varmint 8 twist is why build an 8 twist bbl and not a magazine to accomadate the long 75-80 grain bullets ? These longer bullets must be single fed through the port...and if you got fat fingers its a real PIA...I actually have not got the varmint 223 to shoot the way it should yet...using usual 223 powders...Lapua brass & Rem 7.5 primers...Nosler 55 BTs...75 A max..80 SMK....its sort of a back burner project...the earlier 595 223 has been a very decent shooter since day one...even with the field weight bbl......seems Beretta seems to think the SS varmint didn't need to be imported to the USA any longer...along with the laminted/ss field series...the Tikka rifles are still are fine choice if they offer the configuration/caliber you want...excellent triggers...exceptional barrels..super slick actions...excellent value in today's market...I just need to spend some more time with my SS Varmint...less time on the Yamaha Rhino in the back country... laugh

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !