Of course I own a Encore frame and a couple years ago I had Bullberry perform a very good trigger job for it (1.5lbs).

Im tired of try to "chase" accuracy out of it with a muzzleloader barrel. One day it shoots great the next day it shoots 3-4" off were I sighted it in at.

Ive been in the market for a slug gun for a while now. My number one choice wasa the HR ultra slugger or the savage 210 bolt action. At first I was wanting a 12ga but then I noticed the 20ga that Hastings makes which is a 3.5" slug thats more powerful than a 3" 12ga and is very accurate to boot. Hastings chambers the HR ultra slugger in it but a couple things was holding me back. The first is a co-worker of mine had a ultra slugger in 12ga that wasnt very accurate at all which is quite weird since most are very, very accurate. The second was the trigger, which in a hands of a good smith could probley be tuned down to 2.5-3lbs or so but not like the one ive got in my Encore.

This brings me to yesterday. For the heck of it I called Bullberry to inquire if they even made a slug barrel at all. I talked to Fred and he said, Ive got a couple in stock now in 20ga made specially for the 3.5" Hastings slugs!!!!! I said, "Thats exactly what I was looking for!!" So he only had 1 left and that was all he was gonna build as well so I bought it. Fred also said the barrels were specially brought in and are a very high grade in tolerances. The barrel specs 1" all the way to the end so I ordered it in 25-26". It will also had a hanger bar system, rynite forend, and the 6 screw weaver base. So far they've been a pleasure to deal with. I cant wait to try it out. I should shoot really good!! Watch out deer! grin