Originally Posted by secondstoryguy

1) Remington 700 BDL sporter weight with nice laminated stock factory chambered in .221 Fireball. Great shape, pretty rifle. Has mounts and rings $485

I know what that is, and it's one HELLUVA buy at that price.

FWIW, I bet it's this (correct me if I'm wrong), but I have one, and gave one to my uncle, and AFAIK, they are the only ones that Remington ever did to match your description:

http://www.remington.com/products/f...cial_runs/model_700_LS_.221_fireball.asp

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Remington.com

Model 700� LS (.221 Remington Fireball)

Long a favorite of serious target shooters and varmint hunters, the 221 Remington Fireball delivers high-velocity accuracy and quick expansion�ideal for long-range targets or small game.

This Model 700 LS features a graceful classic stock profile of resin-impregnated laminated wood and crisp-cut checkering. The stock includes a raised cheekpiece, black fore-end tip and grip cap, hinged floor plate magazine, and swivel studs. The action is the same legendary Model 700 action that has been a favorite of hunters and shooters everywhere for more than 40 years. The clean, carbon steel barrel has a polished blue finish and is 24 inches in length with a twist rate of one turn in 14-inches. Drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

The Model 700 LS in 221 Remington Fireball is available in limited quantities. Have your local dealer contact their Remington wholesaler for ordering details.

MODEL 700� LS
Caliber: 221 Rem Fireball
Mag. Cap.: 5
Barrel Length: 24"
Rate of Twist: 14"
Overall Length: 44 1/2"
Avg. Wt. (lbs.): 7 1/4
Order No.: 27509
LOP: 13 3/8"; Drop at Comb: 3/8"; Drop at Heel: 3/8"