ShawnRyan:Not to get back to your posted question too quickly, but have you made a decision on a tent and stove combo? I asked Ed if he was willing to make a stove for others, he said "yes" depending on his time. He told me he designed and built the Kifaru stoves for 7 years. I've also seen his cylinder stove design on this forum. The man has talent and skills. Between him and Ti-Goat, I'm real happy with my proposed stove setup--haven't laid hands on any of it, yet.

Shawn,

I made a decision on the tent. Origami 4 UL-from Moosejaw for $206.xx total including shipping. I used a 10% off coupon code
[LTM] to get there.

Footprint-47.00 with shipping from CampMor.

As to stoves; I'm not too sure I know who Ed is. If he has a good alternative I might be interested.

I have a couple of Kni-Co stoves now, an Alaskan and a Packer.

I will ask Kni-Co what they think. Their Packer Jr is a small stove that uses 12 in wood and has a 3 in pipe. Identical in end section to the Packer but shorter. It looks perfect to me. I bought one earlier for a 13' Hex Arctic tent but took it back when I figured out the nesting stove pipe wouldn't go in the stove [too long]. I later figured out I could buy a spare pipe set and shorten them.

I could also use my full size Packer. I like the idea because of the better draw with the 5 inch pipe. I kind of think the Packer will be a bit much but I may try it first. I like that it uses 16 in wood.

That gets me into a twist on the stove jack though. I would prefer to do it once. I suppose I could install a 5 in and Velcro a 3 in on top of it if need be.

Anyhow, I am not too sure yet.

I realize this isn't the lightest setup. It is a good compromise for seviceability per dollar though. I can easily carry it and all my supplies for a 5 day hunt on my Mtn Bike and Blue Sky bike trailer. Including water.

Two of us could easily haul in Grizzly cots too.

I have wanted wood stove capability in a lightweight tent that I could stand up in for a long time. I am excited.

With the footprint and the GI mosquito nets in the shed I think I can come up with a pretty serviceable "nest" also.

I regard this as a setup for two folks.