A lab owner but always wanted a pointer. However, I didn't like the hyper behavior most pointers have. Heard griffs were mellow so got one two years ago. She's a wonderful dog. I've always believed in having two dogs. The older dog can help teach the younger and when your gone they keep each other company. My griff was raised with 2 labs so maybe some of the lab traits rubbed off. I can say this about Daisy...took her to the Dakota's at 5 months with no formal training other than gun noise introduction and letting her chase some wing clipped chukars. She pointed pheasants right off the bat. And what a steamer. The breed can really cover ground. I love my labs but this dog can do it all...point, retrieve, and water retrieve. Like the other posts...do not kennel this breed, they need room to run, they need lots of human contact. They want to be with you always and if you have the time you can teach them anything. Smartest dog I've ever owned. Loving, great with the family and affectionate. Mine is getting out of her "puppy stage" and will relax on her dog bed like my labs. But, turn her loose hunting and its nose to the ground and go all day. A good choice for upland game but needs company. Don't leave it alone. If you have to leave it alone while you work get two dogs or take it with you.

Last edited by MWC; 07/15/09.