Have any of you noticed the bores of rifle barrels being bored off center. I have had several barrels from a popular manufacturer and a couple of match grade replacement barrels that had the bore off center by 0.015 to 0.020 inches. I asked a manufacturer's rep about it and he said it was fairly common when the barrel is cut back to notice it. They took the barrel back, but did not seem too anxious to do it. To me that would mean that the hole is wandering around between the chamber and muzzle. He didn't think it was funny when I asked if they normally mount the barrel with the thick side on the bottom or top. What real difference does it make? To me as the barrel�s temperature changes the group location would change too. If you sight it in on a hot summer day and then take it out and shoot it on a day where it is 30 degrees where is the group going to be? As you shoot and the barrel heats the groups would also get larger. I have looked to see if this has been addressed, but have been unable to find any reference to it.

Harry