Used a 7mm-08 with the 140NBT for about 10years, but had it re- barreled to a .308W which may or may not have been that bright. Not the re-barrel, but the caliber. Shot about 12 or 15 deer with it. My cousin is a .300WM freak and always had a hard time believing how quickly the 7mm-08 with that bullet did its work. Even after he used it once with the same result he couldn't be convinced. Only one deer took two shots and that was my fault with the first. With that one exception most were shoulders and a couple lungs hits.

A couple deer were at the 200yd range and one was at 335. One deer made it about 80yds the rest probably didn't make it that far combined. With my limited experience with the 7mm-08 and NBTs, I think it is a great combination of cartridge and bullet for whitetails.

Addition: After thinking about it, I forgot to add before using the 7mm-08 I used a .280AI with the 140NBT on quite a few deer. Up close results may have been a little more dramatic due to the fact they were the early NBT that many say were more fragile, but that may be my mind playing tricks. All I know is that they worked. Overall pretty much the same results.

Last edited by battue; 08/11/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler