Originally Posted by iwilder
Grasshopper:

Your posts here got me to thinking about a Mark X I have. It has 280 Remington McGowen barrel with a Bell & Carlson stock. I bought this a month or so ago from Cabela's in Michigan. I had believed that the stock was an add on until I saw your post. As I recall it also has a Canjar trigger. Do you have any other info on these Bell & Carlson Mark Xs? Did you fit the McGowen barrel to the mannlicher that you barreled?

Thanks,

Ike

Ike,

I make boo-boo, a thousand pardons.... What I meant was the BUTLER CREEK stock. I edited that post. AFAIK, the Mark X Mausers never had B&C stocks from the factory. Altho' Interarms and Chas Daly both sold actions and barreled actions. But the .280 had to be a rebarrel. Interarms Mark X Mausers came only in .22-250, .243 Win, .25-06, .270, 7x57, .308 Win .30-06, 7mm Mag, and .300 Win Mag. (And of course, the Alaskans; in .375 H&H and .458 Win.)

I sent my Mk-X to McGowan and had it rebarreled back in 1990

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"