The trick to using the bigger guns (25/06 and such like my 6/06) is in your choice of bullets and where you place the dog gone things.

If you stay away from big bones on a yote (shoulder, spine, and the breast bone on a frontal shot) then there are a few bullets in a 25/06 that won't make much of a mess.

The 120 Sierra HPBT is a good one, as is the 100 TSX and Horn.

If one is really worried about pelts then either use a gun that's lots smaller and yet you still need to stay off those big bones.

I'e taken about a world supply of yotes with my 6/06 and some of the bullets really tear them up and some....do not. I use a 55 NBT for about 6 weeks a winter when it's pelt time and they're very user friendly.

Side note, there is such a tiny amount of people actually trying to make cheddar off of yotes pelts and that know how to care and handle them that talk about pelts and saving them is one of those incredibly over rated and over talked about things. Kind of like long range antelope rifles and what pistola should I carry in case I run into a bruin....grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy