Originally Posted by CRS
There is absolutely no comparison in a Ruger vs CZ. Every CZ I have shot, shoots lights out. There aren't as smooth out of the box but they are solid dependable rifles. A little heavier than I like. But I will put up with that any day compared to the frustrations I have had with Ruger rifles. If want to to put some extra time and money into one, they will compete with any rifle out there. They are "best buy" in my book, although the prices have gone up.

I have had problems with about every Ruger Rifle I ever owned. It didn't take me long to figure out to quit buying them, and let the Ruger fans have at them. Just last month, got through working out the bugs on a Ruger rifle my nephew has. I gave it to him for graduation. I tried to talk him into another rifle, CZ or Remington, but he would have nothing of it. He wanted a Ruger like his Dad. Yes, I had to work on that one too, to get it to shoot.
................There are always a few bad apples in every barrel, regardless of rifle maker. Your bad luck Rugers were by chance older models when Ruger was out-sourcing their barrel manufacturing? Or were they the newer versions? From the box, what were your groupings like with factory ammo? With reloads?

Interestingly, both my Rugers (Frontier and Alaskan) with certain powder combos, which have shown to be the best reloading combos for the rifles, consistently shoot moa and less. Between the two, the only modification from NIB, was to replace the Frontier`s trigger assembly, as the factory trigger had a 5# + pull along with some creap, which now has a 3# pull with no creap.

From the box, one friend of mine who bought a new 300 RCM Hawkeye compact earlier this year, has gotten good accuracy results from factory ammo and very good accuracy results from his reloads, while two others, one with a newer 338 Federal Hawkeye and the other with a newer 358 Win Hawkeye are also very satisfied.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger