I am a fan of the hot water method. I use a coffee can half full and put the flash hole in the water and suck it up the barrel with the patch. 2 or 3 patches and I pull it out of the water, the heat helps it dry , another dry patch and then I am a fan of the Bore Butter products so I run a heavy patch of that down the barrel. I figure the heat opens the pores and helps it soak in the metal. I also remove the touch hole liner (Lyman) and grease the threads at this time as well. I rub the outsdie of the barrel wiht the same bore butter, and stand it in a corner. After it cools down, I wipe the exterior of the barrel and put it back in the stock. I really don"t feel this takes all that long, 15 minutes max from the time I start the water boiling. If thats a hassle then by all means do it some other way.

Before I shoot or go hunting the next time, I swab the bore with rubbing alcohol to get the heavy grease out and load as normal. I then run a grease patch over the load to recover the bore. I also tested this method and with my gun I can't tell a significant difference in grouping of the first shot.

"When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol is a dead man."