If I don't chime in, someone's bound to call me on it...

Originally Posted by Magnumdood
...I also installed a Tyvek custom trigger group (aluminum, not plastic) on both of my Model 20s (10mm). Now there is little perceptible trigger creep, and no over-travel. The striker releases at 3 lb every time now.

What happened to "Glock perfection"? Wasn't that good enough? wink

The polymer frame (which many pistols have now) soak up a tremendous amount of recoil.

I think this is just so much bunk. Even IF the plastic absorbs recoil, the reduced weight also must increase felt recoil. We used to hear that marketspeak about plastic rifle stocks too, and I'm here to tell ya it just doesn't translate to lower felt recoil for a given stock shape. Any actual reduction of felt recoil has more to do with mechanical design, leverage, and grip angle than anything else. My Kahr K9 has less felt recoil than a Glock 26. If the K9 was a double-stack, the difference would likely be even greater.

I did a side-by-side test with my Glock 20 and a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm. The Colt's steel frame transferred a much sharper recoil impulse than the Glock's polymer frame.

I don't know about 10mm, but maybe you can explain to me why a box-stock Hi-Power feels much more pleasant in recoil to me than any Glock. I haven't shot a 9mmm 1911, so I can't attest to that. Someone has been advertising an aluminum frame conversion for Glocks. That's a recoil comparison I'd like to see. OBTW - my box-stock Hi-Power (which I foolishly sold and will replace someday) was 100% reliable, even with crappy reloads.

I've never had a pistol that felt so good in my hand as the Glock, and my natural point of aim is dead on with the Glock.

I invite you to make an effort to see what you can do with custom grips - on guns that will accept them. Glocks need not apply.

Obviously, I don't care for Glocks. I don't particularly enjoy shooting them. They don't fit my hand well (and making one fit is an expensive proposition). I hate staple-gun triggers. I prefer a heavier material for handguns that will be carried in a holster. I like the ability to custom fit with inexpensive grip changes. I could go on, but I won't.

The Glock is a good service pistol that works as well as anything. It ain't perfect (you proved that point) and it ain't the best for everybody. It has many good points that would be a plus if I could stand to use one, and if I were required to use one I wouldn't cry about it - especially if I were allowed some of the many available modifications. But it certainly ain't at the top of my list.

That's about it.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.