My box came the other day, and all my binos are in for me to compare:

Bushnell 7x26 Elite
Nikon Trailblazer 8x25
Nikon Sportstar 8x25 (new model)
Yosemite 6x30
Vortex Fury 6.5x32

The Bushnells are very nice! I wish their eye cup was a little deeper, but the optics are very nice.

I can see why people like the Yosemites. I don't know where else you can get that optical quality for $80. Definitely a 'best buy'.

A little dissapointed with the newer Sportstar model. I still like my older Sportstar II model better. I'll have to search around Ebay for a older 8x Sportstar II I guess.

The Trailblazer was very compact, but I wasn't impressed with the focus adjustment. There was way too much backlash or play in the adjustment dial before anything happened.

The Vortex's are fantastic. They feel great in hand, and optically are very nice.

I'll be keeping the Yosemite's for sure. Every vehicle should have a set of these in them, good optics at a smokin' price. The perfect "truck set". The Elites are probably going to become my new backpack set. Sending back both Nikons. Undecided about the Vortex's. They are really nice, but bigger than I need and wondering when/where I would use them vs other glass I have.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 11/02/09.