<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr><strong> ... the AHR web site has a dimensioned drawing of the [.400 Howell] case, I think.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>No (sorry!) it doesn't. I just checked.<p>The shoulder diameter of the .400 Howell is 0.4450 inch at 2.2 inches from the breech face. The shoulder angle is 25�.<p>The neck -- 0.375 inch long -- is 0.4310 inch in diameter, from 2.225 to 2.600 inches ahead of the breech face.<p>I apologize for giving erroneous information in the above post. Should've checked first. I provided the information on all the "stretched '06" Howell cartridges to AHR and just assumed that AHR put it ALL on the web site. My advice re the .400 Howell was to make it available as a handloader special -- no formed brass, just Howell Basic brass and a set of dies. The sizer die would easily form the Basic case to .400 Howell in one pass.<p>If I could make the new version of AutoCAD print, I'd be happy to send you a drawing. Can't even e-mail it. (Yeah, rats!) Just one more reason I'm going back to the old AutoCAD version that I used for the more than a thousand drawings in my book. At least that "obsolete" version made nice prints on my H-P LaserJet.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.