Here is a test of premium bullets done in 2003 www.jegeren.net/tester_kuler.htm

I hope you understand the results even if it is in norwegian.Inntrengning means penetration.

Bullets were shot into wet telephone books, with two dry books in the front. A really hard test. Range 15m in "typical" 308win and 300win. mag speed.

The table " N�r ekspansjon stopper" means :When expansion stops. As you can see from the results a Scirocco expands much easier than a Speer Trophy Bonded.

I guess you have heard about most of these bullets except for Tonheim PBP which is a little ,but the only norwegian bullet manufacturer. A very accurat bullet.

I have a few comments to the results. Only one bullet fail, the Remington Core- Lokt Ultra. And i have seen other failures of this bullet in other norwegian tests. Perhaps not a real premium bullet with controlled expansion?

Lapua Naturalis is now a bit softer . Rhino Solid Shank; I think you can get this bullet in different versions. Also softer bullets.

Norma Oryx got a bit low result for retained weight, some years ago 90%+ was the usual result.Perhaps it is a bit softer now?

Sako Super Hammerhead has been improved over the last years and these results are now in the same class as Nosler Accubond.

Except for Core-Lokt Ultra ,no real surprises. And i have to say I'am impressed with the result of the cheapest one; Hornady Interbond.

Points are given for 308win speed.

+ and - comments are only based on the results you can find in the tables with a few exceptions. But if you want to read them i can translate.

The test was in the norwegian magazine Jeger,hund og v�pen nr 9/2003.

Last edited by Norwegian; 10/05/04.