I have purchased 3 600 Mohawks this year, all from Gunbroker.com. I purchased them all with the idea that they would make great donor actions for a .338-308 or a 25-284 that I have been wanting to build.

However, I made the mistake of shooting them first. All three are MOA or less with TSX bullets and original triggers and stocks. Needless to say, I had a hard time tearing them apart so here is what became of them.

1st .243 Win was shipped to Rick Bin for a Tan Web High Tech Stock. Gun looks and shoots great and just got back from Remington for the trigger recall. I plan on having the rear tapped for use with Talley Rings as well as taking the trigger down to 3lbs.

2nd 243 win is in the process of becomming a 6.5 SAUM. (I didn't need 2 .243 so I was able to part with this one) Should be finished any day now. This one will have a Timney Trigger with the Modern Safety (that I got from Rick Bin).

3rd .308 Win shoots great with 168 TSXs, without bedding in it's original wood stock. This will also get a trigger job, rear bridge tapped and eventually sport a McMillan Mountain Rifle stock.

These 2 600s that I ended up keeping cleaned up real nice and look great after I reblued the crown and parts of the bolt.

Next time I go looking for donor actions, I'm getting a brand new Remington and sending it straight to the smith without shooting it first.

I never had the desire to own a .243 or .308 but now they are two of my favorite guns. The 243 will go to my son or daughter and the .308 will be my go to deer rifle along with my 7mm-08 Model Seven. I really like the Model 600 and cannot wait to get my 6.5 SAUM back from the smith.

As for the Remington Recall. I was under the impression that any time the "seal" is broke on Remington Triggers they replace them but charge you for it.

What determines if you get a new trigger or not on the 600s is if it was part of the original recall done in the early 80s. If so, you would get the service but be charged a small fee but if your gun hadn't been worked on before, the mod was free.

I've had a 721 and 2 600s done and each time they gave me a new trigger. The 721 got a new trigger and safety. I prefer the Modern safety to the fatter 600 one and that is why I went with Timney 600 Triggers instead of the Rifle Basix that do not include a modern safety. I have RB tirggers on my 673s and really like them.