November24th

Called this dog in twice I think. The first time it didn't commit and just disappeared. About an hour later on the next set he came slinking in after about 20 minutes of calling. He actually had a couple magpies following him. I've heard of this but never seen it. He was trying to downwind me but a nice little bark stopped that nonsense and I let him have it. This is the first kill for my Bushy and my first for 09. 145 yards. He's so pretty I decided on a full body mount. crazy
[Linked Image]

12/3
May not be a big deal to some of you but let me start by saying I have never even seen a fox in Washington state. The landowner who is 84 and has farmed his whole life has never seen a Fox. So it was quite a surprise to bag this beauty today. At first I thought it was a coyote as it was a ways out but when I got the scope on it I just couldn't believe my eyes. They have some fox on the west side of the state but I didn't even think we had them on the east side. Anyways, here's a pic. The pic just doesn't do it justice these are absolutely gorgeous little critters.

Shot was 177 yards. Bushy Varminter .223, 40 grn barns varminator (discontinued). Exited, but with minimal damage.

I was just jacked. I'm 42 and have never seen one in Washington, probably never will again. I am going to have this dude mounted.
[Linked Image]

12/5
Got a couple more saturday. Called in 6, saw 8. One busted me and my buddy missed 2. Aside from the misses it was a great day.

#1 was 125 yards trotting, big male. He just wouldn't stop so I gave it a try and made a good hit.
[Linked Image]

#2 she came in with her hubby. This was a very aggressive female. Came in from a looooong ways out. She was charging so I stopped her and zapped her at 135 yards. Hoped my buddy would get hubby but he never did stop for the shot.
[Linked Image]

Hopefully I'll have more to add over the next couple of months. I absolutely love chasing these critters.

Last edited by Yotechaser; 12/06/09.