David,

I love em. I can shoot any 209 primer. I can shoot 50grs for an upclose and personal Javelina shot or 100grs for larger game and NEVER experience an overly fouled barrel due to unburnt powder. They do burn hot. Among the pellet BPS that I have shot, it is my favorite. Clean up? I take a dry brush and run it down the barrel 5 times. Tip the barrel downward and a fine powder residue falls out. I follow that up with a wet patch, a dry patch, a lightly coated patch of CLP and the barrel is clean. All that is left is the breech plug and threads.

I've shot a 15 round string (had to stop because I ran out of bullets) of a mixture of bullets (Shockwaves, Barnes, and PB's) without ever swabbing the barrel.

Is there a downside? Well yes there is? Its a pelletized powder, you can't dial in a load like you can with loose powder. If you plan to shoot silhouette BP competition, it would not be my first choice, but for hunting? I use it.

Is that all? No. I spoke with someone at Hodgdon's Wednesday about their new 8280XBR. Since I had him on the phone, I asked if there was any plans to produce a loose version of WH's. He agreed that with loose you can dial in a more accurate load and there might, just might be something on the market in 2011 that looks like loose White. I think they should call it Cocaine wink Sorry Rick.

Don't get me wrong, they are plenty hunter accurate. Try them and let us know, please.

HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can