I have gotten incredible service from Honda, Nissan, and Acura. I liked the Acura's the best, but they all got great mileage and gave me lots of miles on the odometer. I have an old Sentra that I use for errands, and it got 38.9 MPG from the last tankful. It's no powerhouse, but it gets me around Appalachia just fine. My Acura Integra was sporty handling, but a deer ran into me in Georgia and destroyed it. Our Legend was a sweet ride too, but the timing belt went south and it was not worth repairing. Got a lot of mileage from both though. I have an old Accord parked on my acreage that still runs; it has 357,000 miles on it, but it has begun to smoke, so I parked it. I may replace the engine as it got 39-42 MPG.

I am to the point that buying made in the USA means more to me than ever before, but it is hard to beat the Japanese autos or motorcycles.

I understand that America is supposed to be building much better stuff now, but I have been severely disappointed by American bikes and cars in the past.