By jove, I think I've got it! Mad Dog, your suggestion ended up correct. I straightened the Lyman and the sight is on the gun, fitting perfectly. I also shifted the stock slightly downward as y'all suggested, and it may have made a small difference. I decided it was better to risk a sight base than it was to alter the gun. Yes, it was a risk, but came out great. I am now thinking that this sight may have had too much bow to begin with, as the last 99 it was on needed a shim to get it to work. Tonight I simply placed it on a pine 2x4 with the stem pointing upwards, heated it to "hot-to-the-touch", and tapped it with a piece of soft pine and a light hammer. The arch reduced. I kept trying and checking until I got it to fit my 99 with a sheet of paper able to slide between it and the wood with light drag. It's "free floated". :-) Unless you were looking for it, you'd never notice the sight was straightened. The two mount screws are down tight with no problems or shims. Whew. Nothing left now but to wipe the bore and go shoot. My sincere thanks to all, and especially Rick99 for his willingness to send me a longer mounting screw. You guys are swell. God Bless, Marc