I'll certainly defer to Redneck's experience with them in terms of potential problems, given his position and visibility to more rifles. That said, my father owns one in .308 that was bought new by my grandfather. Dad made the firing pin switch a while back. As long as they are taken care of properly, you will likely have no problems once you resolve whatever is causing the jam. A good gunsmith who has seen them before will note anything else that could be a problem if it's been abused or just wrung out; excessive wear, etc.

Dad uses his for any hunting he does on foot and it's never had a single jam. He let the action screw loosen in the rear and the bolt stuck closed, his fault, given the age and wear on that assembly, but that ended up being a mere $41.00 fix with the 'smith I use, who happens to own 2 100's himself. Back to normal with his lesson learned and it functions flawlessly again.

I hate to see a 100 get lumped in there with the Remington autoloader pile as a waste of time. I know two guys who hunt with a 742 and 7400, respectively. I've shot both on days I managed to drag either of these guys to the range. The 100 is not the same rifle, in build or reputation.

Best -
Andy