Just found this thread. See all the criticism of one of the finest most accurate rifles ever built. I bought my first Colt Sauer brand new in 1974. It is a 7 MM Remington Mag. Hunted with it for years. Reloaded 120 grain bullets so hot it would leave flattened primers or they'd fall out when you ejected the shell. Reloaded those with no problem too. I guess I must have had a 'bad' one. Later quit reloading and have been shooting the Remington 150 Noslers that they had before they went to their own junkie accutip. It shoots 1/2" all day long and anybody can shoot it under an inch. Never had a lick of trouble with it. Yeah I know the gun experts claim it was an over engineered piece of junk but I'll put my almost 40 year old rifle against a whole lot of new fancy schmancy high dollar crap and it'll out shoot them all day long. I also have one in a 300 Wby that will bughole factory Wby 165s. It is also so accurate it's scary.

And of course I have had over 10 of the 202s. Also great guns and my light rifle is a 202 in a 270. It too shoots 1/2 with Federal 130 ballistic tips. The one thing I've found about the 202s is they will shoot extremely well but they are picky on the right load. Then again most good rifles seem to fit this bill.

Good advice on market value. GB will give you an idea. Also remember there are people who want to sell stuff and then there are the idiots who price things ridiculously high hoping to find a sucker. Look at the closed ads and see what something sold for, not necessarily the ones that are 'for sale'. I wouldn't pay $2000 for any Sauer rifle yet there are some who might and there are some that might pay more. I see some 202 lightweights in the high $2K and even $3K range. As fine as they are, they aren't that dam fine. Nobody's are imo.

I have an old Remington 700 in 270 (mountain rifle no less) that shoots 1/2". It don't know how accurate it is - especially for the money. Course it isn't as pretty and flashy as those light weight 202s or $1000 stocked Colt Sauers.. And Remingtons bluing sucks. They haven't a clue on how to blue a gun but they're the Walmarts of the gun world. American 'Union' made, not German Craftsman.. I had mine QPQ'd and that put the rust issue to rest once and for all. It's nickname is "black death" cause it don't miss either.