Originally Posted by jwp475
It appears that you are saying that power makes up for poor shooting, a theory that I do not subcribe to. In a charge the only sure stop is a Central Nervous System hit, so I don't see much difference in the ability of either to do that.

Nothing is absolute jwp, but I have to agree to a point. Point being, I recently saw a video of a gent shooting a 700 NE at an elephant. He missed the brain, the elephant buckled a bit but spun around and took off. Two more rounds finished him. I've also seen footage of elephants shot with 458s of different flavors where the brain is missed and again the shots seem to buckle them enough to slow them down and make follow ups easier. Not the case with the smaller bores. Then again I've seen perfectly brained elies fold up like a democrap on truth serum with a 375. There's a lesson in there somewhere but I do think when it comes to elephants, caliber (like bras) the bigger the better. smile jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”