I replaced the bullseye on a newly acquired 39A. I decided to take pictures of the process to help others replace the bullseye. Thanks to Don Fenton from rimfirecentral for his sandpaper idea.

Here is a picture of the existing bullseye hole that I taped up to protect the stock. Luckily the hole did not have any chips, and I wanted to keep it that way.
[Linked Image]

I glued sandpaper of various grits onto the popsicle sticks with super glue. A few drops along the stick did the trick.
[Linked Image]

When I inserted the new plastic bullseye, it was a very tight fit. I tried to tap it in, but I was afraid of chipping out the hole. eek Instead, I sanded the the bullseye around it's diameter so it would be a snug fit.
[Linked Image]

I used wood glue on a toothpick to put into the bottom of the hole.
After a few easy taps with a wood mallet, I took a hack saw blade and cut the excess plastic sticking above the hole. It was now ready for sanding.

[Linked Image]

I started out with course sandpaper to remove material fast, and progressed to the finer stuff. I decided to add another layer of tape to protect the stock, but removed the extra layer toward the end of the polishing.
[Linked Image]

As good as new. I may end up replacing the white line spacers too, because of the not so perfect fit.
[Linked Image]

[img]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h50/Sakoluvr/P1010018.jpg[/img]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb