Stepping on Pat's toes a bit, but I make a threaded cap at the time I install the brake. I have used all of the manufactured brakes, plus I make one of my own design for the big diameter barrels and the big bore rifles. I knurl the outside of the cap to provide a bit of finger grip for installing/removing. So, go back to whom ever installed the brake and have a cap made. Some brake manufacturers make a cap as an option, but this is thread size and pitch specific, you may be able to buy one, but be careful, the threads on your barrel may be a bit snug. This is why both the brake and cap should be fitted to the barrel at the same time.<P>And on light barrels, you may have a point of impact change, so be sure to test fire with the cap.<P>------------------<BR> [img]http://photomail.photoworks.com/scr...dWGOQAPHbXDcb&P2=0&P3=0&P4=1[/img] <BR>"Targeting Precision" from Washington's Olympic Peninsula<BR>starolypen.com<p>[This message has been edited by John Ricks (edited February 06, 2001).]

From Real Sasquatch Country: I Seen 'em!