Got this last night and thought I would post a couple of pictures for those who are interested in how it looks on a Ruger pistol.

Haven't gotten to the range with this or the Fastfire on my Marlin yet (hopefully the rain will stay away this weekend) but have been shooting the hell out of doorknobs, faucets and stuff in the kitchen and living room.

On the handgun, I think open sights are preferable. The window of this at arm's length is sort of small and you have to learn to bring up the pistol properly to view the dot. It's not quite as fast as on the rifle but with familiarity I believe it will get that way.

The main advantage is for you guys who, like me, just can't get that sharp front sight focus like you used to. You don't need glasses for this one, at least if your far vision is okay, and you don't have to worry about aligning sights. Just look at the target, bring up the sight and squeeze. That is a really big deal to me and is well worth the money.

It looks a bit bulky but is very lightweight. To mount it you drive out the rear sight. This comes with a small dovetail block with two threaded holes. The block is a loose slip fit in the receiver dovetail, no whacking with a pin necessary. The base plate is concave to fit over the convex receiver, two screws go through the sight and snug up into the dovetail block while the base plate hugs the receiver. The whole installation is very easy and feels pretty solid.

It's also kind of a pain to holster. Bought a Bianchi Accumold at the same time, the sight extends just far enough forward to not allow the pistol to be fully holstered. But, you can holster it and adjust the retaining strap to hold it so until I find something better the holster is definitely usable.

(BTW, you don't need to open the attachments, they are the same pictures shown. I attach pictures here then link straight to them.)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!