From the other side of the pond, i use my Tikka 338Fed for two seasons now, really an intesresting cartridge for us that deserve more attention even in the USA where you can use every thing. Changing from scope to red dot sight i used the Tikka for driven hunt (red and roe deer, wild boar), stalking roes and corsican ram and even gams, shots were from 15 to more than 200 meters. All were one shot kill the farthest distance after shot was 35m, a red deer doe shot in heart lung area in driven hunt, pushed very fast by dogs. Used factory 180AB and 185TSX plus some hand loads with 225grs Speer and 250grs (yes 250)Hammerhead from Sako cause i've more than 1000 of them. The Hammerhead really hammered (no pun intended)hogs at short range (15 to 60 meters), less recoil than my 9,3 or 45-70, light to carry and powerful enough for all euro games even big boars,mooses, bears. Surely better than the 300/270WSM that a lot of guys use here in "battue hunting" with semi-auto. I spoke with the Browning manager to have some made for Europe but they are not interested at the moment...To bad, would be a seller in France (biggest Euro market for BAR/Short Trac,Argo,SR1,or 750 semi autos). About velocity had mesured the AB and TSX factory loadings with my Chrony Gamma Master controlled by firing some match 22lr ammo of well know velocity (R50RWS and Eley EPS): the 338Fed speed were right on with the TSX and a bit faster with the AB than announed by Federal. Temperature was 19�C, elevation 100m above sea level.
Looking to rebarrel un old Browning BLR 243 i own!

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)