I don't get anymore mail from AARP than I get from others.I don't like much of what they do, but I am a member out of necessity. A lot of us on fixed income never got to the point of having too much money. If you work for wages sll your life,you seldom do. All the senior discounts help with the inflation creep very year that those on fixed income get bit by.

I sure didn't want to do it, but my Medicare Supplement Health Insurance coupled with my wifes premium was going to go up $240/month this year or $1040/mo. total. I joined the AARP Secure Horizon for $40 /month and get a YMCA membership out of it that I use, which would cost me that much alone.Right now I'm about break even with what I paid per month in 2009

A hear a lot of guys say they won't do this or they won't do that because it is against thier principals. However ,in the long run,you find out that usually thier prncipals are only as deep as thier pockets that they keep thier wallets in.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles